Tuesday, December 1, 2015

August 31st

3 days till ONE YEAR!!! WOAHHHHH. haha well I think you guys know a little bit of how I feel. I'm excited that I'm at a year but it's hard to see how fast everything is flying by. I'm a little afraid of the future because I love the mission and don't want it to pass by to quick but now after this year mark it's going to fly by so fast. This country is one of my favorite places to be. The people are all so really humble, even though there are some gang members and a lot of problems with them here in the country like 2 Mondays ago was the the new record for most killed in one day. I won't give you an exact number but something like 43:) haha no but really I feel so protected and never have I had a person tell me to give them something or jump me. I know its because the lord protects us as missionaries and as members of The Church of Jesus Christ. There is no doubt of that in my mind. I feel so safe as a missionary leaving my house. I have no fears when I wake up in the mornings.

Also, this week we went on interchanges with one of the newer missionaries in the mission. It was pretty fun, I love going with all the new missionaries, but all of the new missionaries I have seen are so baggy or they think about home a lot haha, but I'm not getting baggy yet, I'm saving it all up for the last week of my mission:) haha jk!

But this week like I said we got the opportunity to listen to President Russell M. Nelson. I'm going to put some things that we learned here in the email, but before the meeting started we got the chance to go and to shake his hand and the hand of two of the area presidency. Elder Alonso was there and so was Elder Ochoa and they said if he asks, tell him your name, and where you're from. So we all got the chance to pass up and shake his hand. There were more than 500 missionaries in the stake center who went up to shake his hand and he pronounced my name correctly!!! haha
but I'm going to list some things he talked about.
1. He dedicated El Salvador in 1990 for missionary work and when he dedicated it guns shots went firing off because the people were killing each other. haha!
2. Our best friends in our area and ward should be our bishop and then the ward mision leader. If we have a good relationship with them we will have more success. We shouldn't just talk to people in the streets. We need to use the people who have already converted, like the less actives or inactives. they have a lot of family, friends, neighbors that aren't members.
3. Don't have fear to teach tithing to the poor, they need to know of all these blessings the most. President Nelson talked about how he knew alot of people who were poor through tithing and following the commandments not just had a better job, but didn't have to worry about bills, but had so much more happiness in the family.
4. He helped us know more of our potencial as missionaries. How we can help more people and  left us with blessings to continue to be stong servents of the Lord and teach with clarity.
Well I really enjoyed the visit he did with us.

Well I can't tell you guys how happy I am to be here in the mission. I can't tell you how much it has changed my life and the life of so many others in this beautiful country. I love you all and hope the best for you guys:)


Elder Flygare

No comments:

Post a Comment